I am joining Lory over at Fun For First's Summer Project Linky party!
I am very eager for the next 17 days to quickly pass. I am using a personal day tomorrow due to the fact that somehow I still have 2 unused personal days that I am not going to pass up. I HATE being out of my room at this time of year, but honestly didn't have a reason to miss work this year, thus my still having 2 Days! So on to the real fun.
1. DIVE more into Common Core and prepare somewhat to start the year.
2. Clean out my filing cabinet and get rid
all most of the things in my files. While looking through them I have realized how much Kindergarten has changed in the seven short years I have been teaching. I am going to trash the items more suited for Pre-K.
3. Actually make some of the MANY things I have pinned on Pinterest! Namely the file crate seats for my small group table! But many, many more.
4. Teach Summer School~ Yes you read that right. I look forward to teaching summer school every year. We have it for 17-20 days (19 this year) and I try to get the upcoming Kinders. It helps me get back in beginning of school mode (they can't write their name, can't sit and listen to a story, can't walk in a line, etc) It makes beginning August much easier to deal with! Plus this year I am taking my oldest with me as she will be starting kindergarten in the fall at my school! So I want her to make friends over the summer since we live in a different county and she doesn't know anyone!
5. Paint some rooms in my house and make plans to get the back porch remolded to be bigger!
1. Spend time hiking and biking with my family!
2. Spend lots of time at Dollywood! We have Season Passes:)
3. Enjoy my kids being little.
4. READ for FUN!
5. Celebrate my 10th wedding anniversary. Wanted to travel away for a few days, but doesn't look like that will be happening, so maybe a weekend to Pigeon Forge without the kids!
Of course I have a TON to get done in the next 17 days before I think anymore about summer, as I am sure you do too. Head on over and join up with us as we dream of summer!