CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 3, 2012

What we have been up to (photo dump)

So I have meant to do blog posts on each of these events, but every time I found time to my camera card was at school, not home, or I even lost my camera at one point. But all is good now and I have time while the oldest is at dance and the youngest is actually playing by herself:) So here goes: Enjoy!


So this is the bulletin board I created after my evaluated observation. We had been studying numbers 6 and 7, prior to my observation and it was right before Halloween. So I decided to do a ways to make 8 with a spider. The students had to show eight different ways to make an eight and record it on one of the 8 legs. They loved it and I scored well on my observation, so it was a win/win. 


Here are a few closer looks at their creations.



Here is a picture of the last minute poster we finished the day before they were due. It was for Fall Festival and during report card testing, so I really didn't want to do it. But came up with this super cute idea and the kids did a great job with it. We won a pizza party from it!


This is a picture of my daughter who is in another kindergarten class. They dressed up as nursery rhyme characters and she was the little old woman who lived in a shoe.


Here is what happens when you send your daughter to the classroom and a chart is on the easel. She writes a message. 


 The turkey jumped with a thump. The banana fell with a thump. REd! (yelling she says) blue! yellow!


We turned out housekeeping area into a Restaurant complete with a Thanksgiving Special. We worked together to sound out the items for our menu then each student had to illustrate an item. They enjoyed working the tables after it was up!

We are currently working on changing it to a candy shop to go with our gingerbread we are studying now!






These last pics are posters my wonderful art teacher drew for us. I have implemented Marsha over at A Differentiated Kindergarten's Ball lists to encourage students to learn their dolch words. I have been super impressed by how well they have done. We have only been working on them since the middle of October and they are doing great. I have 13 out of 19 who have already mastered baseball words the 1st list. They mastered Top Banana a letter recognition incentive the week before Thanksgiving and earned a banana split party which they LOVED! 

They are so eager to learn the words. I have them placed on rings on one of my bookcases and have to tell them to quieten down because they play while they practice and get so excited they become very loud. 

So that's it for now! 

~Heather~

2 comments:

Vanessa

I like that idea of making the sight words and letters something clever and fun. I will have to try that, too!
Vanessa
Kindergarten Schmindergarten

Unknown

Im now following your blog and glad to see another TN blogger!
Latoya

Post a Comment